MARKETING: KNOCKING YOUR AMAZON AD GAME OUT OF THE PARK (AMS ADVANCED)
Max attendees per session: 10
Already advertising with Amazon? Feel like you know the ins and outs, but your ads aren’t converting the way you’d like? Or maybe you’re just not sure which ads are working and which ones are eating your budget?
Wondering that maybe, just maybe, if you knew one more tip or trick to try, you could really kick your Amazon ad game up a notch? This hands-on, intensive workshop with two Amazon Ads experts is for you! Bring your computer, your questions, your best ads – and your worst – and get ready to knock your current ad game out of the park! Unique to 2020, our Marketing Workshops will be held classroom-style with a 10-2 student-teacher ratio, with all the tools our instructors need for an amazing workshop!
NOTE: This is an advanced ads class for those self-publishers already doing Amazon Ads on their self-published titles. IT IS NOT ABOUT AD CREATION OR ACCOUNT SET UP. See our beginner workshop for that – AMAZON ADS FOR NEWBIES
MARKETING WORKSHOP – KNOCKING YOUR AMAZON AD GAME OUT OF THE PARK
2020 WELCOME LETTER
Please note that due to the volume of emails we send and receive, we are no longer emailing initial instructions for this workshop. All the information you need for this workshop is listed below!
You must be registered for this ADVANCED MARKETING WORKSHOP before you proceed.
Dear Marketing: Advanced Amazon Ads Workshop 2020 Participants,
We are so excited to have you in this workshop! New this year, we are running our advanced marketing workshop classroom-style with a 10:2 student-teacher ratio. This setup allows our instructor use of a projector and our attendees a desk-like space to follow along. PLEASE make a note of which session you have signed up for. (First Session: Noon-2:45pm, Second Session: 3:15-6pm.) You will be spending your workshop in a class with two highly qualified instructors and nine fellow attendees. Our instructors have asked that each attendee please read carefully over the requirements for this workshop to ensure its success.
- Open, activated, and ready-to-use Amazon Advertising account.
- All billing set up. Portfolios (if you use them), a naming system for your ads.
- Basic knowledge in how to find keywords (we’ll go over some ways to do this, but this is a basic skill).
- Choose a target book or series you want to build through Advertising.
- Have a strong blurb, cover, and strict genre for that book and series. Update if necessary prior to class.
- Pick 5-10 authors, books, or series that you think are most like your target book or series from Step 4.
- Set up and run two ads for at least two weeks, with a $5 daily budget on both ads (you can choose your own bids). We recommend one standard ad and one custom, using keywords. You can also set up product ads or auto ads if you’d like. The more data you have, the more we’ll be able to help you during the workshop with interpreting that data and analyzing your ads.
- A way to track your income and ad spend. We recommend a third-party (with cost) site called ReaderLinks, but you can use any method that works for you, i.e. spreadsheet, BookReport, etc.
- Questions about your ads, specific situations you don’t understand, ways you want to improve, questions about your data, etc. We want to be able to dive deep into what you’re seeing and not understanding, and help you understand it to improve future ad performance.
*The Instructors are excited to be able to dive deep into the Amazon Advertising platform and help attendees really understand what’s happening there so they can kill ads that aren’t working, hold tight to ones that are, and bolster performance – and income – using ads.
March 5th, 2020 Last day to receive a refund for workshop cancellation.
May 7th, 2020 Day of Workshop.
WORKSHOP DAY INSTRUCTIONS
When you arrive, check in at registration. From there, proceed to our Battle Creek room marked Marketing: Knocking Your Amazon Ad Game out of the Park. If you’ve forgotten which room or marketing class, don’t worry, we’ll have that information for you. *All workshops are located on the same floor as registration.
During the workshop, please remember to come prepared and to be respectful of each person’s time. These workshops are many people’s favorite day of the conference! If you’ve never been, prepare to have a great time, meet new friends, and get expert advice from one of our fantastic instructors.
*A snack will be provided for all Thursday Workshop attendees from 2:45-3:15pm.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have any questions in regard to this workshop, please double check that the answers aren’t in this welcome letter. If you still need help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, allowing up to 3 days for a response. Sometimes there can be a problem with an email server, and we don’t want you to miss your instructions! Last day to receive a refund for workshop cancellation is March 5th. If you find you must cancel after this day, kindly let us know so we can give your spot to someone on our waiting list, but note, we are not able to give refunds after March 5th, 2020.
The conference is going to be so wonderful, we can’t wait to share it with you!
Thursday Workshop Coordinator